• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Sausage Casserole

B

ber4

Oh yum! I love sausage and I was looking for a new casserole recipe. I don't think I would put it in the fridge overnight either. I like meals that I can whip up in one day. Cook and eat them!

G

grillqueen79

This certainly looks easy enough and it sounds tasty too. If I was already prepping stuff the day before I might leave it in the fridge, but reading the recipe I can't really see a reason why to wait.

O

ohiotom76

I never understood the purpose of make ahead breakfast casseroles, lol. I love the casseroles, I just don't see the need to make them the night before, since they only take minutes to come together anyhow. Not to mention the time you spend putting them together the night before, you can get some other stuff done to free up the following morning.

In fact, leaving the croutons soaking overnight in the egg batter, would likely cause them to swell up so much that by the time you bake it, it's more like a giant sausage cake - you wouldn't get as much variety in texture from the eggs to the bread.

I'm assuming they meant plain stuffing, but I wonder how something like your basic Stove Top Stuffing (chicken flavored) would taste in this...

The Freshness