• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Shawarma!

R

rollybooz

I absolutely love them! The best one I had was from a roadside store in Turkey while I was there on a holiday and coincidentally, the meat I had was lamb. Those slices of tender and juicy meats were just so good and the flavours are hard to forget! I would have one of those for a meal anytime of the day if only I lived over in Turkey! Anyway, thanks for this wonderful recipe! If only I had a rotating spit of my own in the kitchen...

A

Athenagdlyt

I love shawarma. The meat can be cooked grilled even without the rotating spit. It could not replicate the juiciness of the original, but at least, something close can be expected. Sharwarmas are also great for intimate parties. Just like serving tacos, the guests can make their own or you can assign one willing person to assemble the shawarma for everybody.

D

Danielle

This recipe looks good. I normally never eat shawarmas because some recipes have tahini in them. But I can see that this one doesn't so I guess it's not a necessary ingredient. I will do without the dill though.

B

Burg14

Interesting... first I have ever heard of this. I don't know if I would try to make it but I would eat it if someone else did.

The Freshness