• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Grilled Smokey Joel's Grilled Asparagus

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
  • 1 bunch asparagus (20-25 pieces)
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
Preheat grill to medium heat
Trim tough ends off asparagus
place oil on sheet of aluminum foil
roll asparagus in oil to coat
sprinkle with salt and pepper
place asparagus on foil on grill and cook 5 minutes
turn asparagus and grill 5 more minutes
while asparagus cooks, place butter and garlic in saucepan atop grill
remove pan when butter is melted
place cooked asparagus on fresh plate and pour butter sauce over it.

D

dconklin

My younger daughter and I love asparagus, but the rest of the house does not. I do like it with butter and garlic, I never thought to add oil to it to tho.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
My younger daughter and I love asparagus, but the rest of the house does not. I do like it with butter and garlic, I never thought to add oil to it to tho.

I'm lucky and my whole family enjoys it. My daughter cried one time because it was over $4 a pound and I would not buy it. I try to pick it up at $2.99.

L

LoveThatBBQ

I've never thought to cook asparagus this way. It sounds easy and really good. I like the last part with the butter and garlic. I'm writing this all down so I can give it a try. Thanks.

S

shaun

I love grilled asparagus, it is my favorite method for cooking asparagus. I don't bother using foil or anything like that, I put the asparagus spears directly on the grill and cook for a few minutes each side. I serve it with butter, sea salt and a squeeze of lemon juice.

D

dissn_it

Both jason and shaun's ways of grilling asparagus sound really good to me. I usually steam it lightly and then serve it with a homemade cheese hollandaise sauce. I am going to have to try out both grilling methods next time we get some asparagus. It will be nice to have it made differently for a change.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
I love grilled asparagus, it is my favorite method for cooking asparagus. I don't bother using foil or anything like that, I put the asparagus spears directly on the grill and cook for a few minutes each side. I serve it with butter, sea salt and a squeeze of lemon juice.

My normal way is just tossing them on the grill with a little olive oil, and then topping with grated parmesan cheese.

E

evelynmcgregor

I love asperagus and have never tried grilling them. I am the only one in the house who likes it, but can definitly eat this whole batch!

Cappy

We seldom light the pit with out asperagus
IMG_0689.JPG

Wonder how good it is????