• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Stuffed cabbage

B

BBQueen

Usually when I make stuffed cabbages I just pour tomato juice or V8 over my cabbage rolls. I came across a recipe the other day for the slow cooker that I am trying for dinner today. We are getting ready to eat them soon. The meat was mixed with 1 cup of cooked rice, 1/4 cup minced onions, 2 garlic cloves and salt/pepper to taste. The sauce that went over top of the rolls was a can of diced tomatoes, an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. It sounded delicious. I just hope it is!

J

Juliette

This sounds really good. I fixed some steamed cabbage with ham yesterday, and I am already tired of it. I saved some, but we didn't pull it out today. It's on the menu for tomorrow's lunch. I would much rather have your recipe. It sounds so much more interesting.

B

BBQueen

It was really good! I would recommend giving it a try Juliette. The only change I made to the recipe was that it called for ground beef and I used ground turkey. You do have to start it pretty early in the day though because it is supposed to be in the slow cooker for 8 hours on low.

B

BobbyBoberry

We are getting ready to try grilled cabbage with polish sausage here. I just found cabbage on deep discount at the local grocery because we all ignored it at St. Patrick's Day. I love cabbage.

A

Amelie

This sounds really tasty. I absolutely love cabbage and am always looking for new recipes to try. I have never stuffed them honestly. I normally bake them with potatoes and bechamel sauce and they are great.

T

TopChef

That recipe sounds excellent. I've not made stuffed cabbage in years. I used to use tomato sauce and paste. It's the same thing I use when make stuffed peppers. I never make either often enough, as I am the only one in the house who eats them.

H

Hilt

If you ask anyone in my family you would have to go with tomato juice all the way, you cannot swap it out for V8 or something similar if say you were serving gołąbki. They would freak out and kick you out of the kitchen.