• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Grilled Stuffed peppers

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 white onion minced
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 2 jalapenos roasted seeded and chopped
  • 1/2 bell pepper roasted, seeded, chopped
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro minced
  • 1 teaspoon hot sauce
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 16 ounce can bush's vegetation baked beans drained but not rinsed
  • 12 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 5 mild peppers such as poblano or anaheim
Preheat grill for indirect cooking at 400 degrees
preheat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat
add olive oil, onions, garlic, jalapenos, and bell pepper
saute mixture until onions have softened
lower heat and add cilantro, hot sauce, cumin, baked beans, and cheese
add salt and pepper
halve each of the five mild peppers and deseed them
brush lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
fill each pepper half with bean mixture and set on a baking sheet
add wood chips to grill
grill peppers for 10-14 minutes or until they've darkened and softened slightly.

G

grillcharm

Sounds good! I love stuffed peppers because it's at once a sophisticated dish, but still down home enough to enjoy with family. There are already so many variations of what you can put in the pepper as well. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

S

shaun

Cool recipe. I love stuffed peppers, I usually stuff the peppers with a meat ragu, but a spicy bean stuffing sounds very appealing. I watched a Moroccan cooking show last night - she stuffed peppers with dried fruit, roasted lamb, spices and rice, it looked very tasty.

F

FireBrick

I like stuffed peppers. My sister-in-law is the one who usually makes them. She stuffs the peppers with ground beef, long grain rice, tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. She tops the whole thing with grated mozzarella cheese.

D

dconklin

Jason, you are awesome! You grill things that I never would have thought to grill :) I love stuffed peppers, but I never thought about grilling them.

M

Mrs. Pirz

This sounds very yummy! Ive never considered grilling stuffed peppers, I'm accustomed to having them baked but this sounds awesome

M

Mrs. Pirz

This sounds very yummy! Ive never considered grilling stuffed peppers, I'm accustomed to having them baked but this sounds awesome

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Jason, you are awesome! You grill things that I never would have thought to grill :) I love stuffed peppers, but I never thought about grilling them.

Well, I have never grilled olives. Do not care for them, so they are out. But experimenting is fun.

D

dashboardc33

I just loved stuffed peppers! There is no beating this delicious appetizer! It is a great one to make at a family get together or BBQ. Thanks for sharing!

G

grillcharm

Has anyone tried cheddar cheese instead of the other kinds of cheese? Cheddar is always may favorite and it seems like a really filling topping. What do you think?

D

dconklin

Well, I have never grilled olives. Do not care for them, so they are out. But experimenting is fun.
Haha! I can't stand olives either so I really won't be disappointed by never seeing you post olives on the grill.

D

dconklin

Has anyone tried cheddar cheese instead of the other kinds of cheese? Cheddar is always may favorite and it seems like a really filling topping. What do you think?
I have tried a variety of cheeses in my peppers. I make them with beef, pork, ground turkey or venison also. Yes Cheddar is great in stuffed peppers, I like pepper jack but my kids don't.