• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Grilled Swinetology Smoked Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
  • 12 large jalapeno peppers
  • 1 package bread stuffing
  • 1 cup andouille sausage, chopped fine
  • 8 ounce package mild or sharp shredded cheddar
  • barbecue sauce
While wearing rubber gloves, cut the stem ends off the peppers and deseed them with a paring knife
wash peppers inside out and let them dry
prepare bread stuffing according to the package instructions
in a medium skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat
drain sausage and set aside
put half of the stuffing into a bowl with the cheese and sausage and mix thoroughly.
push the stuffing mixture into the peppers and then top off each pepper with bread stuffing at the open end
place peppers upright in grill pan
smoke/grill peppers at 225 degrees until peppers are hot and soft, about 1-1.5 hours
Serve with barbecue sauce

F

FlanneryCam

Sounds nice! Is this a sweet hot or a hot hot? I'm a huge fan of stuffed jalapenos. I can't actually think of anything that doesn't belong stuffed inside a jalapeno.

In fact, you could easily switch up the innards of this dish.

G

grillqueen79

This sounds really good Jason! We have some company coming over this weekend and I think I am going to make a batch of these up.

B

BarbiQ

That sounds absolutely delicious! I'd have to double, or triple, the size of that batch.

You know what would also be good? If you packed the dressing around the pepper too and then threw the whole thing into a deep fryer. Sure, it's not healthy, but oh, that would be good! :)

J

jneanz

I'm glad you reminded the reader to wear gloves :D. I've been cooking with peppers for years and sometimes I forget to not rub my eyes for several hours after handling. These sound like a nice accompaniment for chicken or pork entrees.

J

JillyBilly

I am going to have to try this one. My husband and I LOVE all recipes hot and spicy. Very true about the gloves too, I have learned that valuable lesson the hard way many times!