Nec timeo, nec sperno
- 8 chicken portions skinned
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon grated root ginger or a pinch of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 peppercorns slightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 bay leaves
Prick the chicken portions all over with a fork and marinate them for 24 hours turning occasionally.
Braai the portions over moderate coals for about 20 minutes turning them from time to time and basting them frequently with the marinade.